By Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth
This highly-anticipated quantity has been commonly revised to mirror adjustments in know-how, electronic humanities tools and practices, and institutional tradition surrounding the valuation and e-book of electronic scholarship.
- A totally revised variation of a celebrated reference paintings, providing the main entire and updated choice of examine at present on hand during this speedily evolving discipline
- Includes new articles addressing topical and provocative concerns and ideas reminiscent of unfashionable computing, laptop fabrication, gender dynamics, and globalization
- Brings jointly an international crew of authors who're pioneers of leading edge examine within the electronic humanities
- Accessibly based into 5 sections exploring infrastructures, construction, research, dissemination, and the way forward for electronic humanities
- Surveys the previous, current, and way forward for the sector, providing crucial study for someone drawn to larger realizing the speculation, equipment, and alertness of the electronic humanities
Read Online or Download A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best literary criticism & theory_1 books
Dystopian fiction is booming. Booksellers can slightly make sufficient room for the entire works of 'young grownup’ dystopian fiction being released, and 'adult’ dystopias proceed to dominate the bestseller lists. yet how do 'young grownup’ dystopias relate to 'adult’ dystopias? via interpreting contemporary works of dystopian fiction, The “Hunger video games” via Suzanne Collins and “The Circle” via Dave Eggers, Christine Lehnen re-negotiates and stabilises the definition of the dystopian style.
Salman Rushdie, one of many progenitors of the global controversies until eventually date, occupies a coveted position within the galaxy of postcolonial authors. His literary excursion spans over 4 decades—right from his maiden novel, Grimus (1975)—to the most recent, Years 8 Months and Twenty-Eight Nights (2015).
The essays amassed right here display and justify the thrill and promise of cognitive historicism, delivering a full of life creation to this new and quick growing to be sector of literary reports. Written by way of 8 prime critics whose paintings has performed a lot to set up the recent box, they exhibit the numerous result of a mostly unparalleled blend of cultural and cognitive research.
The Francophilia of the Beat circle within the big apple of the mid-1940s is widely known, as is the significance of the Beat lodge within the Paris of the past due Nineteen Fifties and early Nineteen Sixties, yet how precisely did French literature and tradition perform the emergence of the Beat new release? French modernism did even more than motivate its first significant writers, it materially formed their works, as this comparative research finds via shut textual research of William Burroughs, Allen Ginsberg and Jack Kerouac's appropriations of French literature and tradition.
- The Fiction of Thea Astley
- Thoreau at 200: Essays and Reassessments
- The System of Chaos in "The Second Coming" by William Butler Yeats. How is the Breakdown of the World Depicted?
- Literature and Literary Theory in Contemporary China (China Perspectives)
- Gender Identity and Sexuality in Current Fantasy and Science Fiction
Additional resources for A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A New Companion to Digital Humanities (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Susan Schreibman,Ray Siemens,John Unsworth